How to Clean Washing Machine Drain Hose? – A Step By Step Guide
It usually does happen that the slow-filling washing machine makes doing a quick load of laundry impossible. You first of all have to give away a look at the hose connections for drips or leaks. If you see signs of blistering or cracking, then you do need to replace the hoses.
If not, then the problem will be straight into the blocked tube. With the passage of time, the limescale builds up in containers that are all the more reducing the flow of water into your machine. You should disconnect the hoses once a year and give them a thorough cleaning.
Table of Contents
A Complete Guide To Clean Washing Machine Drain Hose
Below we will be discussing some of the steps by step methods that are helpful to learn how to clean washing machine drain hose easily!
Things Required to Perform Method
To perform this method, you should have the tools of hand truck and towel, bucket as well as pliers. Soap, toothbrush and paintbrush, 3-foot wooden dowel and soft cloth are also essential much too.
Method No 1: Steps to clean Washing machine, Drain Hose
- You have to make the use of the hand truck to move the washing machine at least a foot away from the wall. You should disconnect the washer from the electrical outlet. Now turn the water valves to the off position that has to counterclockwise.
- Now you have to place the old towel on top of the floor behind the washer. Now unscrew the water hoses from the machine and the water nozzles over the side of the wall. Now you have to use pliers to extract strong connections. You might come across with the water in the lines, so make sure that you do tilt the ends of the hoses over a bucket to catch any water.
- Now place the hoses in a sink of warm, or in the soapy water and allow the tubes to soak for the duration of around two to three minutes. You have to open the slot on the washer that holds the lint screen. Make the use of an old toothbrush or small paintbrush to get yourself away from the lint from the screen. You should be having complete know-how about the location of the filter. Possible locations can for sure be the back, sides or top of the machine.
- Now you have to force the hoses under the water all the way to immerse them. You have to lift one end of the tube and then drain the water in the line. You should continue dipping and removing the hoses. It would help you to clear the tracks.
- Now gently insert a 3-foot-long wooden dowel into the hose. You have to make sure that you do swirl it slightly to remove remaining trapped debris. You should make a mistake as to poke or tear the hose. Just wipe off the dowel and repeat this step on the opposite side of the house.
- Now you have to next drain with the dirty water from the sink. You have to refill it with clean water. Just force the hoses to the bottom of the tub. You should allow them to soak for a minute or two. You have to completely remove the hoses from the sink as all the way draining them before placing them in the bucket.
- Be careful when it comes to wiping the hoses dry with a soft cloth. You have to screw the tubes back into their connections. Now turn on the water valves. You also have to check for drips and leaks. As you are confident that you did make the stable connection, you have to plug in the electrical cord. Now return the machine to its place using a hand truck and give a test of your washer.
Conclusion – Wrapping It Up
You have to be very careful when it comes to the performance of the steps of this method. You have to be cautious about the number of ingredients you are choosing and also with the liquid or detergent to used if required. We are sure that at the end it would be much helpful and easy for you to clean washing machine drain hose easily!