10 Best Aviation Headsets In 2020 [Review & Buyer’s Guide]
You cannot wear a conventional headset when you are flying as airplanes making so much noise that you will not be hearing anything. There are dedicated aviation headsets that are designs for flying purposes and pilots. The aviation headsets are extremely important for pilots so that they can cancel out the noise around them coming from the airplanes or any other appliances. Considering all the factors, we have listed down the top 10 best aviation headsets available online. Also, we also review the best afterglow headsets in today market.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Aviation Headsets – Review & Guide
- Our Aviation Headsets List
- 10. UFQ A7 ANR Aviation Headset
- 9. UFQ ANR Hi-Lite Aviation Headset
- 8. Lightspeed SIERRA Aviation Headset
- 7. Lightspeed Zulu Aviation Headset
- 6. David Clark Aviation Headset
- 5. David Clark Noise-Cancelling Aviation Headset
- 4. KORE AVIATION Pilot Aviation Headset
- 3. Bose Aviation Headset
- 2. Rugged Air General Aviation Pilot Headset
- 1. KORE AVIATION Pilot Aviation Headset
- Best Aviation Headsets: Buyer’s Guide
10 Best Aviation Headsets – Review & Guide
Our Aviation Headsets List
Last update on 2020-04-10 / Source: Amazon Affiliates / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. UFQ A7 ANR Aviation Headset
This pair of aviation headsets comes along with Active Noise Reduction (ANR) technology. The device also comes along with a universal 3.5mm audio jack. So, you can easily connect with your cellphone, MP3 player and other devices. Moreover, the flexible boom microphone of this headset is 360-degree rotatable. You can easily attach this microphone on both left and right earcups. The lightweight device is very much comfortable to wear for a longer time.
The headset also comes in a convenient carrying case, so you can carry it almost everywhere. Furthermore, the device comes along with a pair of AA batteries, which can run for 48-hours. The electret microphone delivers exceptional call clarity. You can enjoy perfect music listening by using this headset.
- Easy connectivity and Active Noise Reduction.
- Powerful batteries and carrying case.
- Enhanced flexibility with 360-degree rotating design.
- Initially, there could be a foul smell which will disappear with time.
9. UFQ ANR Hi-Lite Aviation Headset
This aviation headset is very much light in weight, so you can wear it with comfort. With the help of Active Noise Reduction (ANR) technology, the unit also offers exceptional noise dampening. Moreover, this lightweight headset is suitable to wear for a longer time. The device comes along with three different pair of plush silicone tips. So, you can easily choose the accurate size of the memory foam tips for you.
The electric microphone also comes with noise-cancellation technology, so you can communicate via intercom with ease. Furthermore, with the help of the dual volume controls, the control box of this headset lets you control the volume individually. You can even switch the mode between stereo or mono outputs from the control box.
- Lightweight housing and dual volume controls.
- Easy switching and memory foam tips.
- Microphone with noise cancellation technology.
- It is relatively a new product.
8. Lightspeed SIERRA Aviation Headset
This aviation headset comes with both mono and stereo function, so you can switch between any of the modes. The device also comes with automatic shut-off technology. Moreover, the unit comes along with a pair of AA batteries. So, these batteries can run up to 40-hours continuously. The device consists of a battery status indicator, so you can easily know about the time of the recharge.
This headset also comes along with Active Noise Reduction (ANR) technology for perfect noise cancellation. Furthermore, the polymer construction of the earcups comes with soft ear seals to offer durability. With the help of the reversible headband, you can easily swap the earcups from left to right and vice-versa. The device lets you enjoy higher fidelity and superb call clarity.
- Auto shutoff design and ANR technology.
- Reversible headband for user advantage.
- Battery indicator and durable materials.
- The product is slightly expensive.
7. Lightspeed Zulu Aviation Headset
This aviation headset with ANR technology is able to reduce the noise by 30 to 50%. The device also comes along with a tall head pad. So, you can stay comfortable even after wearing it for a longer time. Moreover, the contoured shape of the earcups to contour the curves of jaws to distribute the pressure to reduce side pressure.
The stainless headband of this aviation headset is also adjustable as per the circumference of your head, Furthermore, the long-lasting cables of the unit connect with most of the devices without any difficulty. This device comes along with a flexible boom microphone with gain control functions. The sidetone of the mic of this aviation headset is suitable for all voices.
- Reduces the noise by up to 50%.
- Easy controls and wide application.
- Adjustable design for a comfortable fit.
- The customer support team is difficult to reach.
6. David Clark Aviation Headset
The vintage-look of the aviation headset makes it look extremely distinctive and highly-functional as well. This device also comes along with 3.5mm universal audio cable with dual wiring system. So, you can conveniently control the earcups individually as per your need. Moreover, the foam head pad is very much comfortable and lets you wear it with comfort. The headset consists of a sleek control knob, so you can conveniently control the settings with ease.
This headset also comes with advanced noise-cancellation technology, so you can dampen the ambient noise. Furthermore, with the help of a flexible and universal boom microphone, you can easily receive any intercom. The comfortable gel and undercut ear seals keep your ears comfortable while using it.
- Distinctive look and functional design.
- Noise cancellation for clear sound.
- Comfortable to use with gel seals.
- There is no con for the product.
5. David Clark Noise-Cancelling Aviation Headset
The stylish and highly-functional hybrid headset comes with strong Bluetooth connection technology. So, the device also allows you to connect with devices wirelessly. Moreover, this aviation headset comes with an oblong dome design, so you can enjoy improvised-quality audio with better stability. The sleek design of this headset increases the aural credibility of this headset. This device comes along with revolutionary hybrid electronic noise dampening technology.
With the help of Digital Signal Processing (DSP), the headset also delivers audio with high-fidelity. Furthermore, the device lets you enjoy dynamic audio and uninterrupted communication for a longer time. The leatherette ear seals of this headset let you wear with comfort. With the help of double voice-coil, the unit comes with ANR to remove noise and gains.
- Bluetooth feature for wireless connectivity.
- High fidelity due to Digital Signal Processing.
- Better stability and comfortable wearing.
- The product needs to be handled carefully.
4. KORE AVIATION Pilot Aviation Headset
This aviation headset comes with crystal-clear mono output. The cost-effective unit is also perfect for any professional pilots, student pilots, passengers, and other flight schools. Moreover, this headset with Premium Noise Reduction Rating (NNR) of 24-dB is able to deliver ultimate hearing protection. The stylish design of the unit comes with gold-plated plugs to compliment the headset. The acoustic foam of the earcups is very much comfortable to wear.
The headset also comes along with a wired boom microphone, and it stays in place. Furthermore, with the help of universal 3.5mm audio jack with a dual-wire system, you can easily connect it with any device. The high-quality aviation headset is suitable to connect with MP3 players, Android, and iOS-operated devices.
- Cost-effective performance and durable housing.
- Better protection with high NNR.
- Wide compatibility with 3.5mm jack.
- It is not the most comfortable headset.
3. Bose Aviation Headset
This aviation headphone offers full control over the audio, so you can mute an audio signal with ease. You can also easily operate the audio functions, with the help of the audio prioritization control. Moreover, the headset is able to dampen the ambiance noise by 30%, other than any ordinary aviation headsets. The unit lets you mute an audio signal while receiving a communication.
You can also mix the signal and communication as per your need. Furthermore, the headset is perfect equipment for traffic warning and GPS systems. The Bluetooth audio interface of this unit easily interacts with any of the navigation devices. This headset comes along with a noise-dampening microphone. With reduced clamping force, the headset feels very much light and is suitable for long term wearing.
- Ability to reduce ambient noise.
- Bluetooth feature and microphone with noise reduction.
- Lightweight housing and audio prioritization control.
- There is no drawback to point out.
2. Rugged Air General Aviation Pilot Headset
This aviation headset comes along with 24-dB noise-dampening technology to protect your ear from getting damaged. With the help of dual plug system, you can also easily control the volume of each of the earcups. Moreover, the 3.5mm audio jack of the headset connects with most of the android and iOS-powered devices. The earcups of this unit come with the coating of foam ear seals. So, you can wear this headset for a long time with comfort.
The headset also supports the MP3 music input. Furthermore, with the help of 50mm mono audio speakers, you can enjoy clear audio. The over-head design of the headset consists of a stainless-steel adjustable headband for ultimate wearing comfort. The unit has a wind-resistant foam microphone muff for a clean sound.
- Enhanced protection and easy controls.
- Adjustable headband for user comfort.
- Resistant to wind and dual plug system.
- It does give out the sound in the surrounding.
1. KORE AVIATION Pilot Aviation Headset
This aviation headset comes in a convenient carrying case, so you can carry it with convenient. Derived from high-grade materials, the headset is also suitable for both professional pilots and student pilots. Moreover, with the help of an inbuilt Y-block switch on the cable, the headset supports both the mono and stereo output. The equipment comes with gel ear-seal, so it can actively support Premium Noise Reduction (PNR) of 24-dB.
The PNR system of the headset also offers excellent hearing protection. Furthermore, the earcups come along with individual volume controls with the help of a 3.5mm plug. You can easily plug and connect this headset with any MP3 player and Android or iOS-operated device. The headset comes along with an angle-adjustable boom microphone.
- Easy storage with carrying case.
- Wide application and durable housing.
- Individual volume controls for user advantage.
- Great as an entry-level headset only.
Conclusion – Wrapping Up
After these reviews, we believe you should come up with a conclusion on what to pick out of these 10 aviation headsets for your next flight.